Traveling with toddlers doesn’t have to be intimidating—especially if you choose an all inclusive resort vacation. Many all inclusive resorts cater to toddlers with everything from pint-size pools to X. Plan your next vacation at one of these all inclusive resorts for toddlers.
1. The Tyler Place Family Resort – Swanton, VT
Tyler Place Family Resort‘s name gives good indication that families, especially those with toddlers, will enjoy this 165-acre property on Lake Champlain in Vermont. Cottages with full kitchens make meal and snack time a breeze, and amenities such as a pool; splash pad; pony pasture; bike rentals with children’s seats, helmets and bike trailers; mini-golf; lawn games; and climbing walls ensure your toddlers will sleep better than ever (and that’s only a fraction of the available activities). A bonus for parents: kids and parents eat meals separately at Tyler Place. Kids enjoy meals with other children their age while you can enjoy peace and quiet with your glass of wine.
Best Toddler Activities at Tyler Place Family Resort
- Kids’ Club: The all-inclusive toddler program is full of daily activities, as well as three fresh meals. Wee ones can nap onsite as adults explore.
- Fishing: “Family fishing means even two-year-olds can catch a fish at The Tyler Place Family Resort. When ‘Nature Dave’ heads out on Lake Champlain with families, everyone comes home with a fish!” That’s what the resort promises about fishing!
2. Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa – Dubois, WY
This is one of a handful of all-inclusive resorts in the Rocky Mountains that isn’t a dude ranch, yet is located in one of the most iconic Western settings. Situated near Jackson Hole, around an hour’s drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, the 100-year-old historic lodge offers rustic cabins, five-star service and gourmet meals, even for the wee ones! The resort is like summer camp for the whole family—imagine arts and crafts, model boat races, nature walks, sing-alongs and time spent under the stars. Each day the ranch’s children’s coordinator puts together age-appropriate outdoor adventures.
Best Toddler Activities at Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa
- Horseback Riding: Even the smallest tykes can try out the view from atop one of Brooks Lake Lodge’s patient steeds with a cowboy escort to lead the horse around the paddock.
- Tea Parties: An afternoon tradition brought West by early East Coast travelers, the lodge’s daily tea time coincides with growly toddler tummies at 4 p.m., offering mini goodies from fresh fruit and cheese to cookies and crumpets (really!) to banish the cranky pre-dinner hour.
3. Mohonk Mountain House – New Paltz, NY
Located in New York’s Hudson River Valley, Mohonk Mountain House is surrounded by 40,000 acres of forest. Wee ones enjoy learning to fishing on Lake Mohonk, toddling around the putting green, lawn games, the game room and access to a private beach with sand toys and personal flotation devices provided. Of course, for the big kids, there’s archery, tomahawk throwing, billiards, a disc golf course, arcade room, Ping Pong and more. Accommodations include cottages, suites and standard guestrooms. All meals are included, including daily cookies at 4 p.m. for a post nap treat.
Best Toddler Activities at Mohonk Mountain House
Kids Club: The kids’ club is a complimentary drop-off program for ages 2 to 12, with plenty of age-appropriate activities led by first aid- and CPR-certified staff. (There’s also a teen program for ages 13 to 17).
4. Beaches Turks & Caicos – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
It’s Sesame Street, in paradise! Beaches Turks & Caicos screams “bring your toddler!” The 758-room hotel sprawled across 75 acres also features a 45,000-square-foot water park, five magnificent villages and a 12-mile beach ensconced by clear turquoise waters. Elmo, Big Bird, Ernie, and the Sesame gang have it taken care of come twilight. Families can arrange character tuck-ins—the lovable Muppets from Sesame Street surprise toddlers with a private tuck-in, including story time! Plus, there is a Sesame Street show six nights a week at 6:30 p.m. for the wee ones. Beaches offers 5-Star Global Gourmet dining in 21 specialty restaurants with endless options, even for the pickiest eater.
Best Toddler Activities at Beaches Turks & Caicos
- Sesame Street Character Activities: Go on a nature bird walk with Big Bird, treasure hunt with Abby Cadabby (prize included!), attend a character birthday party. The Choo-Choo Train also takes toddlers around the resort to see the scenery.
- Kid Dinners: Book a dinner at Barefoot by the Sea, which has adult tables right next to kid tables.
5. Jumby Bay Island – Long Island, Antigua
If you’re going to go to petite paradise, you might as well book a trip to a private island. Jumby Bay Island is a 300-acre private island 2 miles from Antigua.
The resort features 40 rooms and suites and has 14 villas and 21 private residences available for rental. Upon request, services such in-room baby-proofing and amenities including cribs, changing tables, and baby monitors are available. Gourmet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner in the resort restaurants are all included at the resort. Toddlers age 3 years and older can visit Camp Jumby Pavilion, the headquarters for fun, games and discovery. Its dedicated program for 3- to 11-year-olds provides a host of opportunities for outdoor excitement and creative expression, including cooking classes and wildlife and ocean adventures. Bicycles, free Wi-Fi throughout the resort, two pools, three tennis courts, a fitness center and yoga pavilion are all available for guests.
Best Toddler Activities at Jumby Bay Resort
- Hawksbill Turtle Program: The Hawksbill Turtle Program (June to November) is a unique opportunity that allows children to join in the island’s conservation efforts. Under the supervision of specialist researchers, young guests can view a turtle nesting on Pasture Bay Beach and participate in the release of hatchlings into the sea. Families can also “adopt” and track one of these endangered turtles throughout the summer nesting season.
6. Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa – Mexico
This resort brand, located in Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica, is a superstar for the petite one in the family, and their newest location in Mexico is a standout. The Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa has 670 suites, seven à la carte restaurants, 19 bars for parents, three freshwater swimming pools (one exclusive to the Family Selection) and a water park. Family Selection service includes a daily themed program of activities at the baby club (ages 1 to 3), kids’ club (ages 4 to 12) and teen club (ages 11 and up). Tiny treats for toddlers include in-suite cookies and milk turndown service, a prepared bubble bath with water toys, a personalized mini-bar with special beverages, and mini bathrobes and slippers just for wee ones. And what toddler wouldn’t enjoy cruising by boat on one of the resort’s many canals?
Best Toddler Activities at Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa
- Family Selection: Families can take advantage of a separate pool and reserved area of the beach just for them, along with special arts and crafts activities and a private restaurant and bar.
7. Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences – Los Cabos
Situated on the Sea of Cortez in Mexico’s Baja Peninsula is Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, just 40 minutes from the Los Cabos International Airport. The all-inclusive resort offers endless activities—horseback riding, ATV riding, sailing, water sports and more—all of which can be arranged with the concierge. Little ones will especially love the golf cart rides around the property, and parents will enjoy the comforts of home in suites with kitchenettes or luxury villas. The resort also includes themed nights with fire and water shows and a circus night that’s guaranteed to delight your toddlers.
Best Toddler Activities at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
- Bike Tours: The resort recently launched a new bicycle tour; adults can trail toddlers, and helmets are provided.
- Kids’ Club: The resort has also debuted a new kids’ club with activities for little ones including Spanish lessons, mixology classes (mocktails), handcrafts and onsite sports tournaments between families, including volleyball, Ping Pong and more.
8. Club Med Cancun Yucatan – Cancun, Mexico
Situated a short 15-minute ride from the Cancun airport, this family-friendly mecca is located on a 22-acre peninsula. There are over 430 guestrooms and 18 suites at Club Med Cancun Yucatan. Meals include a la carte dining, in-room dining and reservation-only restaurants. A visit to the pool for a splash and rest in the covered day beds is a popular family pastime. Or families can visit one of the three white-sand beaches at the resort, which lies next to the world’s second largest coral reef! Come evening, there’s an onsite theater for performances put on by resort counselors and professional dancers. A bonus for the tiny traveler is Club Med’s Baby Welcome program, with in-room amenities such as a crib, stroller, infant bathtub, and bottle warmer.
Petit Club Med: At Petit Club Med, pint-sized pirates conquer early learning activities for ages 2 and 3. At Mini Club Med, young buccaneers can try a varied range of sports, such as the resort’s flying trapeze (age 4 and up), sailing (age 6 and up) and snorkeling (age 8 and up).
9. Pestana Blue Alvor – Portimão, Portugal
Pestana Blue Alvor is of the largest and first five-star, all-inclusive resorts in Portugal, and the perfect place to get your toddler acquainted with a new culture.
There are over 550 guestrooms and suites divided into 13 modernism-inspired, two-story buildings. The all-inclusive rate entitles families to accommodations, meals and all activities within the resort, including different pools (for children and adults), sports fields, the kids’ club, themed restaurants and bars, art workshops, rock climbing, mini-golf, and water sports, as well as a kids-only buffet with a daily scheduled service for lunches and dinners.
Baby Room: A baby room is a rarity and often times the most needed accessory for a toddler, a safe and familial place to rest baby brother or sister while mom and/or dad enjoy toddler time. The exclusive onsite baby room, attached to the kids’ club, has a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave, refrigerator, sterilizers, and a lounge where parents can enjoy a safe and comfortable environment to prepare meals, nurse children and relax.
10. Mashpi Lodge – Quito, Ecuador
This is the most exclusive resort on this list, as accommodations only allow for 47 guests. Mashpi Lodge is for the exploratory toddler who doesn’t require screen time or a pool, but would rather wander trails for days. The lodge is an architectural stunner loaded with viewing platforms and open-air spaces. Situated in the northwest corner of the Metropolitan District of Quito, it sits at over 3,100 feet above sea level between the lower mountain rainforest and cloud forests in the heart of a 3,000-acre private reserve. The oasis of lush, green forest provides a habitat for loads of colorful creatures, easy enough for a toddler to spot! All meals and snacks are provided.
Mashpi Reserve: The resort’s laboratory, located adjacent to the main lodge, is home to a number of significant ongoing experiments that have already led to the identification of several new species. New to the resort, Mashpi Reserve is a space just for little ones, complete with kid-friendly tools that allow them to dig deeper and get inspired. Programming is led by an expert who will awaken their love for science and nature.
Julie Bielenberg is a Denver-based journalist and Colorado’s leading agritourism writer. She contributes her expertise to various outlets including AAA, USA Today 10 Best, 5280, Westword, Mountain Town Magazine, Hunting Life, and Mile High Mamas. Julie also works with the National Dude Ranchers Association. When she’s not traveling or on horseback, Julie is at home with her husband and three young children, who are passionate about everything Colorado has to offer, from skiing to hot springs! Follow Julie’s adventures, @slowandgotraveler.
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.