Pennington, NJ – March 19, 2012 – Family Vacation Critic® (http://www.familyvacationcritic.com) – the comprehensive family travel review site – has just announced its annual list of the “Best U.S. Beaches for Families.”
According to editor, Lissa Poirot, “The U.S. has an incredible coastline and many beautiful beaches to choose from, but for families, there’s more to a good beach than just a great stretch of sand. As parents we were looking for certain features that make beaches specifically family-friendly. When picking this year’s list, we were looking for beaches recognized for their cleanliness, as well as those that provide safe water for young swimmers and plenty of activities for families, within a close walk from the beach.”
The top five beaches for families include:
1. Walmanalo Bay Beach Park, Oahu, HI: One of the cleanest beaches in the country, and far removed from the crowded beaches of Waikiki. Soft sand, calm waters for tiny swimmers, and manageable waves for new surfers.
2. Outer Beach, Cape Cod, MA: The Cape Cod National Seashore offers 40 miles of untouched beaches, and is an idyllic setting where families can enjoy the long bike rides, mini golf and clam bakes that keep families coming back year after year.
3. Deerfield Beach, Near Fort Lauderdale, FL: Recognized for being an exceptionally clean beach, its stretches of sand are dotted with oversized boulders that create private pockets for beachgoers.
4. Sand Beach, Acadia National Park, ME: Known for its breathtaking and unspoiled beauty, Acadia’s beaches are some of the cleanest in the country and the park provides plenty to explore beyond the beach.
5. Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Outer Banks, NC: Wide and uncluttered beaches line warm waters and plenty of places for families to play. As a preserved area, wildlife refuges, lighthouses and camping areas provide even more fun.
Other winning beaches include:
6. Shell Beaches, Padre Island National Seashore, TX
7. Coronado Beach, San Diego, CA
8. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, FL
9. Rehoboth Beach, DE
10. Sunset Beach, Cape May, NJ
For more information on the winning beaches, visit http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/10-best-beaches-for-families/art/.
For more information on family-friendly destinations, deals and hotels, visit www.familyvacationcritic.com. Family Vacation Critic features reviews of family-friendly resorts and hotels, as well as family travel deals and destination guides for planning kid-friendly vacations. The site also provides a forum for swapping tips on all aspects of traveling with kids.
About Family Vacation Critic
Family Vacation Critic® is a comprehensive online travel resource for families that offers reviews of family hotels, resort and destinations. The site features vacation ideas, family travel tips and an online forum for family travelers. Family Vacation Critic was launched in June 2009 by The Independent Traveler, Inc., a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 18 other travel media brands, and together the sites attract more than 65 million unique monthly visitors*. TripAdvisor’s travel media brands include: www.tripadvisor.com, www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.travelpod.com, www.onetime.com, www.seatguru.com, www.sniqueaway.com, stagingstmllc.wpengine.com, www.virtualtourist.com, and www.kuxun.cn.
Family Vacation Critic and The Independent Traveler are either trademarks or registered trademarks of TripAdvisor, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, August 2011
© 2011 The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
Aubrey Manzo – (609)730-9155 ext. 274
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.