Conveniently located in the heart of Hulhumale, the Coconut Tree Hulhuvilla Beach is a modern hotel that caters to beach lovers of all ages. Spacious Deluxe Family Rooms are fitted with air-conditioning, contemporary bathrooms, and private balconies. Interconnected guestrooms can be reserved so that large groups can be accommodated together. Kicks serves a variety of meals from around the world, with special menus available for young travelers. Guests also have access to BBQ facilities, perfect for grilling fish caught on deep sea fishing excursions. The water sports facility offers snorkeling, diving, and windsurfing equipment. Underwater safaris and whale shark encounters can also be arranged.
Our Editor Loves
- Oceanfront accommodations
- Sultan's Park
- Republic Square
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kids' Theme Meals
- Onsite Dining
by Anil S
Good and economical stay for young couple or bachelor for a short duration. The locations of the hotel is good. It is near to seashore and Hulhumale city center.I won't recommend for family.The room size was small and didnot find that clean.The extra bed provided for the child was not in a good condition. The bath room was in good condition. Please negotiate and ensure on cab service charges if you are availing the pick up and drop service. It was bit odd for me as they charges $7 for per member for both pickup and drop services where as outside call taxi service are relatively cheaper when traveling with family.
My husband and I stayed here for one night before heading to an island resort. Starting with the good points:
- Room was clean, well air conditioned, good wifi and bed was comfy,
- The suite was spacious and balcony pleasant to sit out on (this was not what we had booked - think it was compensation for one of the points below)
- We had an unexpected meal credit in the hotel restaurant - our booking did advise full board but we didn't realise that this meant credit for food and beverage items in the restaurant in the evening. The food was good.
A few things to be worked on:
- Airport pick up was poorly organised. We were met straight off our flight then waited over an hour for another couple from another flight. The hotel is a 10 minute drive away. At one point we got into the car as the other couple had "cancelled" as we left the airport they "arrived" so we ended up queuing to go back to the airport. (Think this led to the room upgrade - appreciated)
- The towels smelt very damp, probably from being stored damp.
- Breakfast was limited - toast, omelette, 2 processed sausages, juice and water. No coffee.
- The beach in front of the property has a lot of rubbish, there are a several derelict plots rubbish piles around. The area has coffee houses and restaurants, as well as new hotels and apartments popping up and I imagine with some TLC and a little more investment the area could be much improved. At the current time I wouldn't choose to stay here more than a night in transit.