Family Vacation Critic Survey Sweepstakes: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Family Vacation Critic Survey Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor (defined below) and each of their respective related companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor. The Independent Traveler, Inc., 7 Tree Farm Road, Suite 202, Pennington, NJ 08534 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Promotion constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
4. Entry Period. The Promotion begins on March 9, 2012 at 9am Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 4, 2012 at 9am ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. Entry. During the Entry Period, complete the Family Vacation Critic survey on www.familyvacationcritic.com. Limit: One entry per person.
6. Selection of Potential Winners. On or about April 6, 2012 one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from among all remaining eligible entries. The odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
7. Requirements of Potential Winners. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must respond to notification from the Sponsor within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her and include a mailing address to which the prize will be sent. If a potential winner fails to respond within the required time period, if notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor determines in their sole discretion that the potential winner is ineligible, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place. Winner may be required to provide social security number for tax reporting purposes. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further compensation.
8. Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card. Prize does not include any other cost or fee associated with prize receipt or use not expressly stated herein. No cash substitution or substitution of prize permitted. Additional restrictions may apply. Any prize details not set forth above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
10. Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective parent and related companies, and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical or printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees.
11. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsor’s rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
13. Winners List. For the results, visit http://www.familyvacationcritic.com/blog where the list of winners will be available until May 31, 2012.
Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission.