The Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro is steps away from Brazil’s famous Barra Beach. Guestrooms sleep four and offer panoramic views of the beach and the Marapendi Lagoon. Families will enjoy surfing, kiteboarding and paddle boarding, with the help of professional instructors. Onsite restaurants serve sushi, Italian fare, and authentic Brazilian dishes. For a unique perspective of the city, travelers can hop on a cable car for a ride to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain. The view is incredible and kids will be delighted by the marmoset monkeys that frequent the surrounding rain forest. City light night rides are also available.
Our Editor Loves
- Direct beach access
- Macarena Soccer Stadium
- Onsite convenience store
- Horse Back Riding
- Theme Park
- Water Parks
- Water Sports
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
Beautiful view, amazing food, lovely rooms and very special crew.
You can feel like at home! 2 very good restaurants at ground floor and an amazing breakfast area. Good options for Vegans and crew very helpful to support special requirements.
I stayed here several days earlier this year and was happy to return, for the reasons listed in other reviews. Today, however, the only constant has been disappointment:
- Room was smelly and mouldy: reception promised to check for another room and call back. Call back never happened, not even after reminder.
- Luggage was not brought to the room, in spite of promise. Required calling again after an hour.
- EU/US power plug was not brought up to the room, in spite of promise. Required calling again after 2 hours.
- AC repair on my insistent request showed extremely dirty filter (imagine cleaning up under your kids bed after he leaves for college, add moulds and pure dirt). Mess left (including ceiling plaster!) after filter change (by friendly young man, who apologized for the filter condition) still not cleaned up two hours later, inspite of immediate request by technician and two follow-up calls by me.
- wardrobe door does not close, so light remains on. AC technician requested colleague to come. Not happened.
- Very suspect stain on the sofa.
Clearly there is currently something very wrong in the organization and/or chain of command. The very young friendly female supervisor just kept apologizing each time I called, but still no action.
So, you ask, why still a score of three?
- The wellness area remains top
- The Wifi works well
- Good bed and good bathroom
Just NOT worth the money!!!