The Hotel Unima Grand is located just a short walk away from Mulee Aage Palace, Rasmee Dhandu Stadium and Sultan Park, making it a fantastic option for travelers wanting to stay in the heart of Male. Its comfortable rooms and convenient location near the beach and many sightseeing options make it a great place for families to stay. While rooms at the hotel generally accommodate up to two guests, the hotel permits one extra bed per room for a maximum occupancy of three. Complimentary amenities provided by the hotel include Wi-Fi access and a daily breakfast buffet. The hotel has its own onsite restaurant, although guests can also take advantage of the many restaurants located nearby.
Our Editor Loves
- Located near beach and sightseeing
- Comfy rooms with modern amenities
- Beautiful views of the area
- Water Sports
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
What went terrible:
1. Airport Pickup was messed up big time by the staff. We contacted hotel from Male Airport and they said pickup will arrive in 10 mins. 1 hour later and 6 phone calls later someone did arrive only to be kept waiting for another 30 minutes. Finally had to take a cab on our own to reach hotel.
2. On final day of check-out, no electricity for 2 hours. No power backup. No water in bathroom, wifi, landline l, lift etc for 2 hours. We were paying $10 an hour for late check-out.
3. No a single $ was reduced from the bill for the inconvenience caused. We requested s lot but staff did not budge.No hotel staff came to room to give details how lond the power cut would last.
4. We extended the stay by a day. The room given for the extended stay was terrible with puffed walls and leaking bathroom pipes.
What went okay:
1. Ocean view suite room has good view of the coast.
by Victoria T
For the record, Male city is an overcrowded, noisy, polluted and dirty place. The only reason one would stay here is between flight and resort. We had one night and stayed at this hotel. Clean and convenient and a nice view from the restaurant where breakfast was served.
Big, comfy pillows in the bed.
Good location for sightseeing in Male city. There is not that much to see, but close to the hotel there is a public beach and a good view of the new bridge.
But if you have a layover it is much nicer to stay in Hulhumale.