by Courtney Elko
Located in mid-Cape Cod on the waterfront, this hotel overlooks the Hyannis harbor. Two ferry lines are minutes away from Hyannis Holiday Motel and several beaches are within a half mile. The guestrooms and suites feature two double beds or a king and the bathroom features a shower-tub combo. The two-bedroom suites feature a mini-fridge. Rollaway beds are also available upon request. Families will love the complementary Wi-Fi, parking and the two pools — indoor and outdoor. While there are no onsite restaurants at this hotel, morning coffee and pastries are complementary to guests and several restaurants are within walking distance.
Our Editor Loves
- 2 pools
- Free Wi-Fi
- Connecting Rooms
- Family Room 5+
- Free Wi-Fi
This motel is in the perfect location. Walking distance to numerous restaurants and right in the harbor for the island ferries. It is a little outdated but very clean. The air conditioner worked well and they had a mini fridge in the room. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable. The only complaint I have (and to some this wouldn't be a complaint if you like to get up early) is that our room had a glass wall, facing east, without room darkening curtains. Once the sun starts to rise, it lights up our room like it was the middle of the day. So BRIGHT. We were also supposed to have a harbor view but saw mostly the top of the office and the parking lot, with a little sliver of harbor. All in all, I would definitely stay here again. It was a clean, comfortable place to put my head at night. Also, the price and location can't be beat.
We have stayed here 3 times, first time, great, second time horrible, thinking it was just a fluke we stayed again and nope it wasnt a fluke. Here is the honest rundown on this place.
1) Non smoking- this is a lie, if you want to smoke you take your room provided ashtray and sit outside your door, you just cant smoke "in" the room but on the walk way to and from the rooms is fine. and if your not a smoker beware,,, your room will fill with second hand smoke if the room next door is. BTW the drunk girls 2 rooms down almost burned the place down smoking out side. they left several burn holes in the plastic green grass rug outside the rooms
2) free breakfast,,, yes there is one, if you can get past the hotel house cleaning staff that comes in, takes all the seats, eats the food and wont move for you, we went down and 2 out of 3 days we couldnt get into the room as the hotel staff was in there hanging out and eating the breakfast. BTW the food consists of small containers of cheerios and rice crispy cereal, fruit bar, and silver dollar sized pastries. and thats all folks although very little is left after the staff cleans it out.
3) all room fronts are glass walls and east facing. queue in the sunrise with NO ROOM DARKENING CURTAINS!!! yes comes sunrise at 5:30am your room is as bright as noon inside.
4) rooms are very mid century mod, can you at least update them to the 70s? lol
5) smelled like pee... second room we had that smelled that way. hotel staff just sprayed room freshers around which was way worse
6) Parking,,,, they do NOT have enough parking spaces for all the rooms, and then during the day RENT OUT parking spaces for the ferries. so if you come back your faced with parking off site because ferry parking took priority. btw, those spots equal 18. I counted 25 rooms in our back corner with only 10 spots....
7) bait and switch room prices!!!! yes people,,, we booked at one price and when we go there they refused to honer it saying Holiday weekend and jacked the price up another 40 bucks...
8) bathroom had no vent. only a small window with holes in the screen to open, the shower is smaller than the average home tub and YOU need to place the non slip mat into the tub. I think they got the tub curtains and the window curtains mixed up as the shower ones are room darkening lol lol
Bottom line, stay some place else, spend the extra and get a proper room, a proper hotel staff, a proper breakfest, room service and a DARK ROOM so you can sleep past sunrise and when they say non smoking, it ACTUALLY IS non smoking.