by Courtney Elko
Located off Madison Avenue, this Upper East Side hotel is just a block from Central Park as well as numerous museums and theaters. The 47 suites and 27 deluxe rooms offer a wood-burning fireplace, terrace and fully equipped kitchens. One- and two-bedroom suites are also available. The fitness center boasts top-of-line equipment, bottled water and a free health snack station. The onsite restaurant called The Pembroke Room serves breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
Our Editor Loves
- Block from Central Park
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Afternoon tea served onsite
- Onsite Dining
Located in the Upper East Side, not far from Central Park, on a quiet tree lined street, the Lowell is the number one hotel in NYC for many reasons. I have stayed here on ten occasions and have never been disappointed and this is why.
- elegantly designed pristine guest rooms
- extremely helpful concierges (getting Broadway tickets, making restaurant reservations, even arranging a doctor’s visit for me)
- warm, friendly, professional staff (from the doorman to the front desk)
- delicious food at both restaurants
- lovely bar area and library
- ample gym facility
- great location for shopping along Madison, Fifth, Park, and Lexington Avenues
Can’t wait for my next visit!
We typically stay at the Surrey, but decided to try something new. Called the Lowell to inquire about a reservation and got a recording. Left a detailed message. Never got a return call. That is the first indication not to stay.