by Lissa Poirot
Located right on the beach in the heart of Nags Heads, this inn is located on 4 acres of pristine beach and lush gardens. The inn features state-of-the-art rooms with private, oceanfront balconies, 32-inch flat-screen TV’s, refrigerators, microwaves, and free wireless Internet, as well as a heated oceanfront pool, sun deck, and large hot tub. The hotel is 100 percent smoke-free.
Our Editor Loves
- Located on 4 acres of beach and gardens
- Refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms
- Heated outdoor pool
I stayed at Holiday Inn Express Nags Head over a 2 night with my kids. The location is great and its access to the beach is easy to navigate over the dune. The front desk was helpful with check in. The hotel is not very far from all the attractions of Nags Head and Kitty Hawk. Parking was simple as well with multiple easy access into the building.
1. The rooms were standard fare for the Holiday Inn Express with the latest formula blue update . The balcony was nice facing the ocean. Unfortunately on the second floor there is only a view of the dune and not the ocean but you know the ocean is there with the noise and smell.
2. The breakfast was great with no unpleasant suprises as expected for HI express. the Dining area was nice and clean.
3. Amenities are nice -- there was a small indoor pool, and a nice excercise room on our second floor.
I would definitely stay here again -- with its great location and cleanliness, and updated condition of the property.
My wife and I, both in our early 60s, stayed one night, Friday, October 25th. We have found Holiday Inn Express to be a nice place to stay in the past. I checked and and got the type room I had requested: top floor facing the ocean, king-size bed. The balcony with a view of the waves and the sound were what we came for. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The only evidence anyone else had ever stayed in the room was a check out receipt from the prior night's guest. It was under an ottoman on rollers that was tucked under the phone table.
One negative to the room was the peeling paint on the balcony railing. It was fine on the side facing the ocean. Another small negative was a large container with construction debris in it visible from our balcony. The breakfast which was included was very sufficient. Actually cooked eggs (without cheese which was better for me). One slight drawback was the orange juice was pale, perhaps not shaken in the bag before loading into the dispenser. Pictures to follow. Nice indoor pool and sunning deck (we did not use). Carpet in floors okay. The view was worth it.