The Royal Son Bou Family Club is located minutes from the gorgeous beaches of Spain. The resort boasts rooms that feature charming beach dÃ©cor and sleep up to six guests. All rooms come complete with a kitchenette, a private balcony, and two satellite televisions. Cribs and high chairs are available on request. Kids can spend the day splashing in the solar heated kiddie pool, or participating in group activities at the resort’s signature kid’s clubs. Two restaurants serve international buffets and provide special seating and menus for children. Professional childcare is also available during lunch and dinner.
Our Editor Loves
- The family focused resort
- Kid's and teen clubs
- The ocean side location
- Water Parks
- Children Programs
- Family Room 5+
- Free Wi-Fi
- Game Room
- Kids' Pool
- Onsite Dining
We have been twice to the Royal Son Bou over the past few years (once in June and once in September) and had a lovely stay both times. Below are details of our stay:
THE ROOMS / APARTMENTS - 4/5
We chose a two bed apartment which really worked well for us. It gave us extra space with the kids and an extra bathroom that was designed for little ones (for instance, the sink is at their level). The rooms are serviced everyday, though the sheets are only changed mid-week. Our room was really quiet but I understand from speaking with other guests that this might not always be the case - depending on room type and location. Upon arrival, the hotel had left a goodie bag for the kids including a few toiletries and games.
KIDS AMENITIES / ACTIVITIES - 5/5
The Kikoland is absolutely amazing ! It is the biggest club we have seen for a family club this size. It has activities throughout the day. You can choose to stay there with the kids or leave them for some time. If you chose to do the latter, the kids get an “orange overlay gilet” so they can be monitored more easily. The staff is extremely kind to the kids and, very quickly, they know your kids’ names. We have only left our oldest alone and felt very safe in doing so. Our boys also really enjoyed the kids’ shows at night!
THE POOLS - 4/5
There are two pools in the hotel. The larger pool is a little less crowded than the kids’ pool, where we spent most of our time. The pools are heated by solar panels so it can get a little cold if the weather is chilly. The pirate ship was a hit for both our boys! It gets very busy at times and you might not always found a lounger (as in most hotels, you have families who drop their towels to book loungers early mornings!). The beach is also a few steps away and accessible through a private path.
THE FOOD - 4/5
We have only eaten at “la Basílica”. We are generally not big fans of buffet and prefer a la Carte but in this instance we found the food varied and quite good. Our boys loved the kids’ buffet. It was at their level and they could help themselves and be autonomous. That was a plus!
The hotel also invited regular customers to dine one night outside as a celebration for the hotel’s anniversary. That was a really nice attention.
THE STAFF - 5/5
The staff is extremely friendly and go out of their way to give you an enjoyable stay. After a day or two, you can see that many members of staff recognise you and remember your names! The hotel gets very busy during the half terms holidays but it copes with the demand.
Thanks to the hotel for such a lovely stay. We came home very relaxed.
2nd year in a row visiting with our 2 kids (both kids under 4)...
- Staff/entertainment team - kids were so fond of the activities and the staff, constant cuddles! Great mix of english, spanish, german, italian songs - good for kids to expereince this I think. We did trogloland, pony riding, and all of the evening kids shows. Special thanks to Daniel, Ana, Nourea, Lorena, Erin, Carol (sorry many others). The rest of the hotel staff are all so nice, always a "Ola" and interaction to make the kids smile
- Convenience/access - its a great size complex, everything within a couple of hundred yards - helpful when the kids change their mind every 5 mins about what activity they want
- Apartments - I dont think they are flashy, but they are very functional and clean. We had the 2 bed apt this year which was great and felt roomier.
- Food - the choice is good, I would only say the food is often a bit bland, meat sometimes too fatty and desserts a bit lifeless (mostly buffed up by whipped cream). But it is an inclusive offering, and the fresh pasta and fish is a great thing. Overall the food is good!
- Being a week earlier in september made a difference to pool temperature - late Sep is quite cold!
- Flys - yes you notice them, but it certaintly didnt take away from our experience and I'm not sure that the hotel can do more
- Constructive feedback, would only say that the staff were slightly slower in getting us seated this year. We were in most cases grabbing the baby seat ourselves or flagging someone down - seemed last year we were always met and seated
Overall, we love this place and would hope to be back again!