by Lissa Poirot
Located on Long Islands Gold Coast on 55 landscaped acres, the Glen Cove Mansion was one of the first conference center hotels in the country. Offering 187 rooms and suites with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, coffee makers and iPod docking stations, families can request mini fridges, cots and pack ‘n plays. King and two double rooms are 300 square feet in size. Four suites are available with sitting rooms and an extra half bathroom. These include mini fridges stocked with free non-alcoholic drinks. An indoor heated pool and hot tub keep kids entertained year-round, with an outdoor pool, racquetball court, tennis courts and basketball court available seasonally. Dining is available at Pub 1910 in the evenings and from noon on weekends. The pub also provides game tables, billiards, and large-screen TVs.
Our Editor Loves
- Located on the Gold Coast
- Indoor and outdoor pools
- Game courts
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite Dining
by Marcia R
My husband visited The Glen Cove Mansion for a work conference and loved it, so we decided that for my mom’s 70th birthday, we would spend the night and have dinner.
1. The rooms were dated
2. The building that we stayed at was undergoing renovation. Work equipment and materials were visible.
3. We arrive in the dining hall at 7:42 and sat in the waiting area for approximately 12 minutes watching staff members go and come without acknowledging us. We finally reached out to one waiter who told us she would be back; she never came back. We stopped a second waiter who took us to our seat.
4. The waiter gave us some water, brought us a paper menu and advised us that half the items on the menu were not available.
5. We gave the waiter our order and waited for an additional 1 ½, yes, one and a half hours for our order along with 2 more families in the dining hall. We were blown away by the subpar service.
6. To add insult to injury, the manager (Grace) was in the dining room. Within the first 30 minutes of us being seated, she walked around checking on various tables; she walked right by our table and didn’t say a word. We watched her for another 20 minutes and decided to call her over. We asked her if we were invisible and schooled her in a lesson of “subconscious bias”; we informed her of the service we received so far. She apologized, said she would check on our food and NEVER came back.
by Sara R
It was my grandmother's birthday and I wanted to do something special for her, ( its a milestone birthday) ( 70 years old) so we were going to stay in the the Glen Cove Mansion. My grandmother was wondering why she wasent excited and you will find out later. We take a s25 minuted drive to the hotel. I'm pumped and ready to go. My sister, mom, dad, grandma and I were on this trip. My father, sister, and I were goign to the pool after dinner and we discoverd the pool is being fixed. As soon as we got there, there was absoulutly no parking availiable and not valet parking. There was a wedding going on and they only valet parking for them. Once we got inside we noticed we were he only minorites in here, but we did'nt care as of yet. We were scheduled to stay one night and eat dinner at the Pub. We were handed our key and my sister and I were fighting over who get the key. We entered our room, it its not as cool as you think ( it was kind of a disspaointment). We hap reservations to eat at the Pub and my grandma wanted to get ready. So she went to the bathroom to take a shower. She coulndt turn it on so she called me for help. I went to help and I couldnt do it either so we had to call my dad. My dad coulndt do it either. WE pushed, pulled, turned left, turend right and nothing worked. So we called the front desk. It took the man a long time to come upstairs. ( they probably did something). We heard a knock and the door he came and helped, but we could have promised we have did that same thing. Grandma freshend up and were all ready to go. It is 7:35 (our reservation time) and we head down to the Pub.We sit in the living area and we called over a waitress she siad " be right with you in a few minutes" she never came back, not even to check on us. Grace ( the manager ) greets everyone. We ask a young man to assign us a table he did. He gave us PAPER MENUS when every one else got leather coats on theirs. Grace still didnt greet us. A hour later, a white family comes im and immediately takes their seats with the proper menu. We took our order and waited. My mother called over Grace and they talked for about 20 minutes anout how she had " unconscience biest". After some time she left and said she would ask how much longer the order will take. she never retured. The waitress had a connection to the white people and they got their food first. Later on they got meal 2. She even said she forgot she ordered this. I believe the waitress had a connection with the white people and they got there food first. There was some good characters like Chris and another balck person but we thought their behavor was disgusting. It was 9:00 now and no food yet. Honestly, how long does it take to boil pasta. Another family heard what we have been through and checked out. Chris brought us bread and pizza and thank you but it was still dissapointing. We also checked out and my dad siad " God did'nt want us to eat this food". They blamed everything on the weding that was happening, but this was uneventful, disgusting, and dissapointing enviorment. recomend you not to come to this undiverstized place there just raciest and rude. Even if you are white you can find many other great places this is not worth what it is, I promise you! So take it from me, you do not want to feel the horrible hospitality they give you.